Experience the benefits of the ideal location of The Westin New Orleans Canal Place to seamlessly access the Port of New Orleans. Our hotel is situated less than two miles away from the port, offering travelers elevated accommodations before or after embarking on a cruise.
Enjoy a stress-free travel experience when you reserve a stay at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place. Spend the night with us before your cruise, fuel up with a nourishing breakfast and then set off to the nearby Port of New Orleans. Take advantage of our best available hotel rates and review our cruise tips, below.
- Board the ship as early as possible on departure day.
- Take a ship tour or ask for a deck plan to familiarize you with the ship.
- Make reservations for shore excursions early before the good activities fill up.
- Take advantage of opportunities to sit at large tables for dinner and get to know some fellow cruisers.
- Relax - don't feel like you have to have something scheduled every second of the day.
- Read the daily publication provided with the agenda of activities the ship will be offering each day.
- Synchronize your watch to the ship's time so you never miss the boat when you are exploring a port.
- Don't forget to pack Dramamine or other medications to help in the case of motion sickness.
- Avoid stress upon your return by staying with us. Enjoy a restful night before heading home from your vacation.